You are welcome at Duquesne!

Are you enrolled as a student at another university or just looking to take a few courses that interest you? Visiting students are welcome in fall, spring and summer. Summer session courses begin in May, June and July.

Browse available courses in the University Class Schedules. You can choose from many innovative courses in our schools* of Liberal Arts, Business, Education, and Science and Engineering.

How to Register for a Course

  1. Complete the Online Application
  2. Submit your high school transcript, GED or current college transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
  3. Register for classes!

That's it! -- Now it's time to reach your bigger goals!

*Some courses are also available in the schools of Health Sciences and Pharmacy with permission. Email Health%20Sciences or Pharmacy directly about registering. Any courses that require prerequisites will need to be verified as completed or waived by the home college or university prior to registration.

Important Dates

Please note the drop/withdrawal dates on the academic calendar. Students registered who decide not to attend must give written notice to their Academic Advisor/Student Success Coach no later than the Latest Date to Drop based on the drop/withdrawal schedule.


Email liberalartsFREEDUQUESNE or call (412) 396-6389.

Frequently Asked Questions

A Non-degree/Visiting Student is a student taking credit or non-credit courses but is not seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree at Duquesne University. If you intend to seek a degree from Duquesne, contact the appropriate admissions department (Undergraduate AdmissionsTransfer Admissions or Graduate Admissions).
You can view a list of course offerings by searching the schedule of classes for each term. Classes will be listed three weeks before each term.
All dates for upcoming semesters can be found on the academic calendar. Summer class start dates vary and begin in May, June or July. Half-semester terms are available in the fall and spring semesters with October and March start dates.
Contact us at (412) 396-6389 or email for assistance.
Yes, Please view the list of participating PCHE institutions, procedures and other important details. Use this PCHE form to register.
Tuition information can be found on the part-time tuition rates page.
Tuition eBills are available exclusively online and may be printed for your records. Students will log into DORI and select: Self Service Banner>CASHNet Student Access tab>Access CASHNet.
In order to be eligible for financial aid in the summer, you must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program. For federal financial aid, you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) for the academic year. Your federal aid eligibility for the summer will depend on the federal aid you received during the fall and spring of the academic year, and if you have any unused academic year eligibility. The Federal Pell Grant is available in the summer to eligible students at all enrollment levels. Federal loans are available to students attending at least half-time, as long as they did not utilize their grade level limit during the fall/spring academic year. The Federal Parent PLUS Loan and the Graduate PLUS Loan are available for the summer for students attending at least half-time. In addition to alternative loans, students can also take advantage of the summer payment plans.

Pennsylvania State grants are available through PHEAA for the summer to undergraduate students from PA, and require a separate summer application. Applications are available on PHEAA's website. Timing of approvals from PHEAA occur throughout the summer. Please know that summer state grant eligibility counts as a part of a student's overall state grant eligibility counter.